New & Expectant Parents
Congratulations on Your New Baby!
If you recently received a Down syndrome diagnosis, there are many helpful resources available to you and your child from birth to adulthood. Here is a guide to get you started.
- Join CCDSIG at ccdsig.org to receive a welcome basket, access helpful resources and information, and network with other parents.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with another parent from our organization or to find support networks and resources in your area.
- Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/CCDSIG.
- Visit downsyndromepregnancy.org for honest, compassionate, medically-reviewed, and informative support for those preparing for a baby with Down syndrome.
- Join the Down Syndrome Diagnosis Network’s online network of parents on Facebook.
- For more information visit dsdiagnosisnetwork.org.
- Apply for Medical Assistance at compass.state.pa.us.
- Children diagnosed with Down syndrome automatically qualify for state funded health insurance. For information visit padlet.com/ccei/chescomainfo.
- Register for Early Intervention in Chester County by calling 610-344-5948 or in any county statewide by calling 1-800-692-7288.
- Children diagnosed with Down syndrome automatically qualify for home and/or school based services from birth to three.
- For more information visit chesco.org/1609/Getting-Services or dhs.pa.gov/citizens/earlyinterventionservices.
- Contact the West Chester Social Security Office at 1-888-306-3216 or visit ssa.gov to see if your child is eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), a federal cash benefit based on a child’s disability or health condition and household income.
- Schedule an appointment with a Down Syndrome Clinic for comprehensive, coordinated medical care.
- CHOP Trisomy 21 Program: 267-426-5283, chop.edu/trisomy21.
- Nemours/Alfred A.I. duPont Hospital for Children: 302-651-5916, nemours.org/services/down-syndrome.html.