New & Expectant Parents
If you recently received a Down syndrome diagnosis, there are many helpful resources available to you and your child from birth to adulthood. Here is a guide to get you started.
- Join CCDSIG at ccdsig.org to receive a welcome basket, access helpful resources and information, and network with other parents.
- Visit downsyndromepregnancy.org for honest, compassionate, medically-reviewed, and informative support for those preparing for a baby with Down syndrome.
- Join the Down Syndrome Diagnosis Network’s online network of parents on Facebook.
- For more information visit dsdiagnosisnetwork.org.
- Apply for Medical Assistance at compass.state.pa.us.
- Children diagnosed with Down syndrome automatically qualify for state funded health insurance. For information visit padlet.com/ccei/chescomainfo.
- Register for Early Intervention in Chester County by calling 610-344-5948 or in any county statewide by calling 1-800-692-7288.
- Contact the West Chester Social Security Office at 1-888-306-3216 or visit ssa.gov to see if your child is eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), a federal cash benefit based on a child’s disability or health condition and household income.
- Schedule an appointment with a Down Syndrome Clinic for comprehensive, coordinated medical care.